Thursday, March 5, 2009

Scarry Week

It's the worst week ever since we moved into Polhems. Never did we find ourselves in such situations when all of us, all five members in the family, fell sick. Really really sick. On the funny side, it's also the first time when I realised that the children could be so quiet in the middle of the day.

Ryan was the first to contract the virus. He started coughing and vomitting, lying in bed not wanting to do anything all. Ross was happy then to see Ryan laying down not retaliating his attacks. At least not the virual form. He was the next to fall. It was very sudden. One moment Ross was jumping up and down, the next moment he starting throwing up. By the forth day, all in the family were contracted.

I could still remember it was 12 noon, when all of us laid on the mattresses in the bedroom. Time passed slowly the sleep was not very peaceful for me. Had to keep a watch on the children's fever and time for medication. Anyways, the important was that I somehow enjoyed the quietness in the cool winter afternoon which I couldn't remember when the last was.

It's been a week now, and I'm back to work. The children are not fully recovered yet, but they are now more active than when it just started. It's really been a painful week, when both Christine and myself were ill at the same time. Wasn't easy at all without any assistance, and I'd really appreciate the presence of my parents when they were with me here in Sweden. Dad and Mum worried alot when I called to update, especially of the children.

Well children, see how mum and dad suffered when you'd fallen ill? Just wanted you to know that we really put in our hearts while you grow, so learn to appreciate us...

No comments:

Post a Comment